February 19-26, 2017
ADF traditionally introduces internationally known architects, artists and designers to an Alaskan audience through its lecture series each year. With FLY BY DESIGN, we export the audience to see the work in real dimensions. We host travelers in locations around the world, connecting them to new places through architecture and design.
We invite a limited number of travelers to connect in an international locale, to experience an itinerary that is packed with art, design and architecture viewing and experiences, with opportunities to meet the designers in their studio settings. To best ensure a personal experience, we limit the number of travelers.
FBD 2017: Chile
Escape the Alaskan winter February 19th-26th, 2017 and join ADF for a week in Chile. Visit this remote country on the other end of the Americas, and explore architecture, vineyards and spas. See the work of Pezo von Ellrichshausen, Smiljan Radic, Mathias Klotz, and Alejandro Aravena. Travel in a small group of design enthusiasts with exclusive access.
Tour highlights include Casa Poli (with a private reception with architects Pezo von Ellrichshausen), wine tasting at the VIK winery (designed by Smiljan Radic), and a visit to the Termas Geometricas spa designed by German del Sol.
(subject to change)
Sunday February 19th
- Tour begins; 6pm at Hotel Plaza Nueva Las Condes in Santiago
- Bus to Parque Bicentenario in Vitacura.
- Cocktails and dinner at the restaurant El Mestizo (designed by Smiljan Radic)
Monday February 20th
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile; University Innovation Center, Siamese Towers, Architecture School and Mathematic School (Alejandro Aravena)
- Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino (Smiljan Radic)
- Goethe Institute and visit with Mario Rojas (FAR)
- Historic City Walking Tour
Tuesday February 21st
- Bus to Valparaiso
- Historic City Tour with Cable Cars
- Visit School of Architecture
- Visit Pablo Neruda House
Wednesday February 22nd
- Bus to VIK
- Wine tasting at VIK Winery (Smiljan Radic)
- Bus to Talca
- Stay at Talca Hotel & Casino (by Rodrigo Duque Motta + Rafael Hevia Garcia-Huidobro)
- Ayen Clinic (Felipe Assadi + Francisca Pulido)
- School of Architecture Talca – 10 pavilions by students (presentation)
Thursday February 23rd
- Bus to Constitution
- Villa Verde 484 Incremental Houses (Alejandro Aravena)
- Cultural Center (Alejandro Avarena)
- Bus to Casa Poli (PVE)
- Continue on to Conception
- Stay at Hotel Araucano
Friday February 24th
- Studio/Home visit with Pezo Von Ellrichshausen
- Arco House, Gold Building, Fosc House, Wolf House, and Gago House (PVE)
Saturday February 25th
Sunday February 26th
- Depart for flight back to Santiago
- End of official tour
Note: This itinerary may change at discretion of ADF and its agents……
Reservations and Payment
Cost and registration/payment forms will be posted soon. We’ll send an email message when these details have been set. If you’re interested in FBD Chile, please sign up for our email list (see the left column of this page).
Note that travel arrangements to/fromChile are not included, allowing participants to customize their time in South America before or after FBD. Cost includes studio visits, lodging, breakfast each day, special dinner events, and travel between the cities and stops on the itinerary. Travel and arrangements to/from Santiago are not included.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software